Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Only Alexander McQueen Could Love Me A Velvet Bag

The designers seem to try to make a velvet happen again in the fall, and despite the fact that the child of the '90s and the era of unashamed fan of grungy, very questionable fashion, I was slow to warm up to almost a trend. I remember Velvet T-shirts and clothes too vividly Velvet school to be an automatic winner in my mind as an adult.
Alexander McQueen Wicca Velvet-Covered Leather Shoulder Bag

But I am fangirl McQueen chip, which means I'm willing to consider anything essentially the design of the brand with an open mind. As a result, could so totally love Alexander McQueen Velvet Handbag Wicca. If only I understood exactly what that "velvet skin" means.

I had the bag around a few years, and during that time I have seen almost all the leather you can think of. I have never heard described as a velvet-lined leather, though, and I have a couple of follow-up questions. Velvet is somehow applied to the skin, or is it just a bag of skin on the panels of velvet? Based on the pictures, seems to be the second, but I wish someone could figure out how before it happens.

Regardless, this bag appeals to me. The velvet is dull and lush, and fortunately it is not sticky crushed velvet, some brands have used (hopefully ironic). And you really can not argue with this explosive shades of pink - very rough materials like velvet and suede averse rich colors better than leather, and the end result is spectacular. You win again, McQueen. Shop by Net-a-Porter for $ 1365.

No comments:

Post a Comment